Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1


SO today I decided to create this blog which also means I went to the gym for the first time since January. I spent 5 minutes warming up on one of those bikes where you sit in a chair with a back on it, cant remember what they’re called. Whatever doesn’t matter, I warmed up on that for about 5 minutes with the resistance on 10. Started to break a swear after about 2 minutes… kind of embarrassing. Then I went on the treadmill (dont worry I do know what some exercise equipment is called) and walked at a speed of 3.0 which I believe is 3mph and did the weight loss training. I went up to an incline of eight for like ten minutes, and let me tell you it was no fun at all. I literally thought my calf muscles were going to give out and that I was going to face plant into the treadmill (I’ve actually seen someone do this before, probably one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed. Just saying). After about 30 minutes of the weight loss program I went on an open ellyptical machine and did a 5 minute cool down, with a resistance of 10. And by cool down I mean exercise that makes you sweat like its nobody’s business. You people may be saying woah. she only did 40 minutes (I am very good at math) of exercise? she’s not gonna lose 30lbs like that. All I have to say to you people is get your heart rate up to 192 for 40 minutes, then come talk to me. It was fucking tiring. But hey, its the most exercise I’ve gotten in a while since last rugby practice, which so far has not proved itself to be a sport that gets you into super good shape. Maybe if we did more cardio at practice or got more playing time? but us rookies on the team definitely did not get enough of a workout for it to impact our bodies hardly at all.
In addition to my work out I am also trying to eat healthier. I don’t usually eat breakfast (simply because I wake up to late to have time to eat before class), but this morning I ate a special K protein bar. It was quite good, and chocolatey. Its like my body knew when it woke up that today is the day that im going to get my old body back from high school. Most of the time I dont think I am that fat or overweight, but there are definitely days where I do not want to leave my room. My clothes barely fit anymore and I had to spend a lot of money buying new ones. Since the beginning of the school year I have gone from a 6 to a 12 (a real self esteem booster). Sometimes I wish it would all just go away and the fat would just magically disappear from my body. I tried to eat less and healthier for a while but it wasnt working so it has come to this. Exercise. The antichrist of movement. Plus it doesnt help that my roommate just bought a scale so she can keep track of her weight. Not like she needs to she is super skinny and lost 20lbs since she came to this school. WHO DOES THAT. apparently her. Anyways I had a super awesome salad at lunch, a great idea the credit for which I must give to my best friend allison joyce (by the way if you have never had roasted red peppers before they are fucking fantastic and you should pretty much get on that right now). Speaking of allison, she just texted me saying where are you?!?! Were supposed to be studying for a chem test tomorrow. see! im blogging not studying I put off exercise, I put off studying, what will I put off next? …sorry bad joke. But I best be off to study, might post again later. Blogging is fun. 
By the way if anyone else has any good dieting/exercise stories I’d love to hear them so send me a message or do whatever it is you bloggers do I dont know all yall’s terminology yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment